The Student Council is a student-based civic organization designed to enhance school spirit and encourage leadership among students.
The purpose of the Student Council is:
- To develop positive attitudes and relations throughout the whole school.
- To improve school morale.
- To provide a forum for student expression.
- To plan special events or projects.
Objectives of the Student Council are to:
- Provide a democratic forum in which St. Patrick’s students can address school related issues, which affect the student body.
- Maintain open communication between students and school staff, through the Staff representatives.
School Council initiatives so far, include:
- Students may drink bottled water during class.
- New basketball nets around the school grounds.
- More seating areas around the school grounds.
- Ride your bike to school (Summer months).
- Student run stationary shop.
- Year 8 only toilet block.
- Fundraising for local and National Charities.
- Gardening club and tree planting.
Student Council Representatives 2016/17
Student Council Representatives for the new school year will be listed here shortly. Elections were held on Wednesday 7th October 2015 with more than 660 votes cast.
Student Council Election Results
STUDENT COUNCIL 2016/2017
Congratulations to all students. We wish you well for the year ahead!
Year 8 – Conor Bradley & Dylan Donnelly
Year 9 – Rian Mc Granaghan & Francis Mc Kee
Year 10 – Dylan Mooney & Kieran Donnelly
Year 11 – Eamon Hutchinson & Fionntan Mc Farlane
Year 12 – Tiarnan Brown & Brian Morgan
Year 13 – Conall Magee, Peter Mc Dermott & PJ O Halloran
Year 14 – Taylor Mc Grann